Saturday 20 April 2013

Well, Well!

The title beneath this illustration which IGWRT's Kerry O'Connor provided a link to today, reads thus :-

Cadmus prepares to slay the pitiless reptile who had killed his poor companions.

Strike me down with a feather! Oops - no! Not Cad must prepare to slay a dragon, after all. My eyes played tricks on me. Thank goodness for that... but now I need the story...hmmm... that might take some time. I'll be back...

 Play Time

The local Am Dram players, rehearsing in a wood,
were all dressed up in togas  (my, what a load of freaks)
but their play was due to open in but a few short weeks.
It was about a dragon, that Cadmus, if he could,

had to catch, then kill (politely) and then repeat  (twice nightly)
But the props man wasn't ready. " How can I find a way
to make a dragon in that time? Let alone one you can slay!
It’s giving me a headache - I tell you all, forthrightly!”

They held a special meeting, the cast, the crew, the boss,
and put their heads together, pooled their D.I.Y ideas –
their brains were working harder than they had for many years-
“We’ll do it if it kills us, we just don’t give a toss!”

At last they had a brainwave- papier mâché, wire and string
should make a framework, all in bits; that was just the start.
They then worked out a cunning plan how it would fall apart
then be put back together! Oh, ‘twas a wondrous thing!

So my namesake, trusty Cadmus, was as happy as a king.
The play was great. The theatre was fully booked each night
 and the dragon fell and rose again – it was an awesome sight.
BUT at the last performance, the dragon it took wing …

and was never seen again. That’s MAGIC!

14 comments:

  1. I shall return to read the finished product: I'm sure something amusing is being cooked up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cad . . . if you wait until next Tuesday you could rehash this one as St.George - v - the Dragon. You could write about saving beloved Ada from its fearful claws and wall-to-wall halitosis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plot line shows promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowing your unique talents? Certain to be a good story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you come back, perhaps you could bring a larger weapon? Young Cadmus seems somewhat ill-prepared.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I think we need a bigger boat, Cadmus," says the little sword... Will be back! Loved your comments above and at Toads! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to the story,,,this young man is certainly in a uneasy situation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a plot..I await the story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dragon is gorgeous. I love that shade of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The finished product is all we would expect of both you, Jinksy, and CADmus. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fun story here! Had to laugh at pooling their D.I.Y ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. good one. the best of plans!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed your tale, with its quest to build the perfect dragon completed to perfection.

    ReplyDelete