Wednesday 9 May 2012

A combination of two prompts...

...from  IGWRT and Mag #116, set me thinking, and here's the result - a poem in Florette form.

Photo by R A.D Stainforth

I lie dreaming by the river,
hearing random ripples shiver…
I feel her spirit in my mind,
whose tempting words, loving and kind
                                                 call me hither.

“Brother, follow me” she’s saying
“and together we’ll go straying
far beyond the realms of sorrow
to a make believe tomorrow
                                       where joy’s playing.

“ Sister”, I reply with sadness
“to leave our chosen path is madness.
I know that many moons must turn
before, together, we may learn
                                               true gladness.”

13 comments:

  1. Ah, very sweet, and very good job with the form (which I can testify is difficult.) A lovely flow here. k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect in form! I enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive .. love the emotion and tone of your words!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha...very nicely played to form...and you def carry the tone and emotion well in your words...i like the cadence of this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so nicely done! It's lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cad, my mate, I have to thank you for giving me a nudge today to join in the fun, as I remembered your escapade with Ada on the river. I bet her biceps have never been the same since! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job...well above my skill level. This is a wonderful piece. Vb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely...and such a pleasing rhyming pattern here...very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This flows beautifully! Great job with a very difficult form.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had given up on the form, but seing your lovely poem has me itching to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to make an attempt at this "florette" form...
    rel

    ReplyDelete